Filming for season four of the hit Formula One Netflix series ‘Drive to Survive’ has begun.
Season 3 was released back on March 19, and since then has spent most of its time in the Number 1 spot of Ireland’s top 10.
The show’s Executive Producer, James Gay-Rees confirmed that season 4 of the series is now underway while speaking on the Australian Grand Prix podcast ‘In the Fast Lane’.
Giving fans an inkling of what to expect in season four’s storyline, the Producer said:
“Everyone is hoping that there is a proper Red Bull and Mercedes dust-off.
“Red Bull is playing it down and being calm and cool about it, but everyone seems to think it’s a two-horse race.
“The battle for third could be pretty intense between McLaren and Ferrari, possibly Aston Martin and a few others, it’s shaping up to be a really good season.”
After confirming the fourth season, Gay-Rees went on to confirm that a fifth series is also on the cards for the 2022 season, filled with new regulations, and new challenges for our ten teams.
He said; “Then the next season will be difficult again because the new rules will come in and it’s going to be a slightly different scenario – new cars, so it’s going to be pretty punchy, we’d love to keep on going with it.”
A release date for the fourth season of the series is likely to come in the run-up to next season, so fans will have to watch the drama unfold live as we make our way through the 23-race calendar.
You can catch up on seasons 1-3 of Drive to Survive on Netflix now.